Re: Delete all previous derivations

From: Joey Dumont
Subject: Re: Delete all previous derivations
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 21:14:29 -0400

I was toying around the idea of having guix as a compatibility layer for an
HPC software stack, similar to what Compute Canada had with nix before they
switched to Gentoo (
http://users.ugent.be/~kehoste/eum18/easybuild_nix_cvmfs_compute_canada_bart_oldeman.pdf),
hence the weird setup. I am aware that the Guix HPC guys recently published
a layer between modules and guix shell, which I find interesting.

It took a little while to try your command, as I built guix using Arch's
package manager, which doesn't install pre-inst-env. Also, I built in a
chroot, and pre-inst-env contains hard-coded references to the build
directory. I guess I am a very weird user :)

But even with that I still get the same errors. I don't want to keep the
two stores simultaneously, I'm fine with fully destroying the old one
(although I would be interested in knowing how to properly rollover from
one store to another).

Thanks!

Joey Dumont (Profile <http://blog.joey-dumont.ca/>)
The supreme elegance of Nature lies in its apparent simplicity.