Re: Web Browsers Report being "Unable to Connect" after Wi-Fi Connection

From: Ekaitz Zarraga
Subject: Re: Web Browsers Report being "Unable to Connect" after Wi-Fi Connection Drop Period
Date: Mon, 23 May 2022 20:04:04 +0000

Hi

------- Original Message -------
On Monday, May 23rd, 2022 at 9:34 PM, Wamm K. D. <jaft.r@outlook.com> wrote:

> I think it's happened most often with IceCat but pretty much every
> browser I've tried has done this.
>
> I'm not sure the cause but my Wi-Fi card drops the connection, /really/
> often; it sucks but it's what I've got.
>
> The consequence is that I've noticed a particular behavior relatively
> frequently: when the connection drops, the browser I'm using will get
> stuck thinking that it cannot connect to the internet once the internet
> connection comes back, sometimes (especially if I tried to load a page
> while the internet connection was down). Trying to load any other page
> results in the "Unable to Connect" (or equivalent) page.
>
> I've tried IceCat, Ungoogled Chromium, Qutebrowser, Luakit, and Nyxt and
> had the same experience, in some capacity, with all of them.

> have to wait a variable length of time before the spell passes or
> restart the browser.
>
> It doesn't seem to be something which impacts all browsers, at the same
> time: opening a new browser after one gets affected works fine or trying
> to use one of the other browsers I had open (especially if I hadn't been
> using this other browser while the internet connection had dropped).

That's have been my experience with Icecat in the past and I think others
have mentioned this in the past too. I don't know where it comes from,
or if I still have the same issue, as my wifi is pretty stable nowadays.

I'm sure more people have experienced this. It's something we should fix
soonish.

Ideas anyone?