Re: PySide2 not found when installing from PyPI

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: PySide2 not found when installing from PyPI
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 16:30:27 +0200

Hi,

On mer., 25 mai 2022 at 08:52, Matt <matt@excalamus.com> wrote:

> ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement PySide2>=5.15
> (from versions: none)
> ERROR: No matching distribution found for PySide2>=5.15

Why do you specify in requirements.txt

    PySide2==5.15.2.1

?  When Guix provides 5.15.2.

> Looking at PyPI, wheels definitely exist.  I'm also able to install
> and run it no problem from PyPI on Debian.  When I try installing from
> PyPI on Guix through a venv, the package installs (but fails on
> ImportError: libgthread-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No
> such file or directory.  That's beside the point, though, PySide2
> installs.).

How is this PySide2 installed?  From Guix or from PyPI?

> I'm also confused because it says
>
> file t_rex_typer.py (for module t_rex_typer) not found
>
> The file is definitely in there and, as I said, it runs on Debian, so must be
> packaged correctly in terms of the Python imports etc.

I do not know.  I have not checked your files but I guess something is
misconfigured in setup.py or alike.  Then installing using pip on Debian
works because pip works with “half” package ;-) Contrary to Guix which
often points more issues.

Cheers,
simon