Re: Rotate GDM login screen

From: 白い熊
Subject: Re: Rotate GDM login screen
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 21:04:48 +0200

On 2022-05-25 8:59 pm, Tobias Geerinckx-Rice wrote:
That means that extra-config takes a list, not a string.  Add (list …)
around the entire (multi-line) xorg.conf snippet string.

Kind regards,

T G-R

Yes, true. So what works - in terms of reconfiguring - is:

            (set-xorg-configuration
             (xorg-configuration
              (extra-config '("
Section \"Monitor\"
   Identifier \"DSI-1\"
   Option \"Rotate\" \"right\"
EndSection"))))

However this doesn't rotate the GDM display - so either the snippet has no effect (I'll compare it with Ubuntu, what it has to get it working), or GDM doesn't pick up the extra-config (is that likely?), or maybe I should try via the special-file. I'll try that and see if it works...

--
Best regards / 宜しく御願い致します / S pozdravem / C уважением / Z poważaniem / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

白い熊
ShiroiKuma