Re: Rotate GDM login screen

From: 白い熊
Subject: Re: Rotate GDM login screen
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 21:21:08 +0200

On 2022-05-25 9:04 pm, 白い熊 wrote:

            (set-xorg-configuration
             (xorg-configuration
              (extra-config '("
Section \"Monitor\"
   Identifier \"DSI-1\"
   Option \"Rotate\" \"right\"
EndSection"))))

However this doesn't rotate the GDM display - so either the snippet
has no effect (I'll compare it with Ubuntu, what it has to get it
working), or GDM doesn't pick up the extra-config (is that likely?),
or maybe I should try via the special-file. I'll try that and see if
it works...

So the extra-special-file route also doesn't work - meaning surely the installed x11 does not search for any conf path within the /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/ directory as it shouldn't.

Maybe however it'd work thought an extra-special-file in the appropriate /gnu/store subdirectory where X is installed? Or I was thinking within the /var/lib/gdm path - that's where the conf file for fonts works and is picked up by GDM on login. What could it be - /var/lib/gdm/.config/xorg.conf ?

Also the xorg-configuration extra-config has some effect, as it rotates the monitor directly after login - it just isn't picked by GDM for login, so X picks it up when logged in, just no GDM itself.

--
Best regards / 宜しく御願い致します / S pozdravem / C уважением / Z poważaniem / Mit freundlichen Grüßen

白い熊
ShiroiKuma