Re: wordpress

From: Hartmut Goebel
Subject: Re: wordpress
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 14:09:43 +0200

Am 20.06.22 um 11:57 schrieb Gottfried:
Does it mean we can't install wordpress in Guix or is there a workaround?

I doubt wordpress can reasonably be used with a document-root on a read-only filesystem (which Guix creates).

The reason for this is that many plugins create additional files below document.root, depending on the configuration you make via the Web interface. E.g. if you add custom CSS, the plugin will create a file containing the CSS.

Workaround would be to configure the webserver service to serve a website from a read-write-able document-root. See https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Web-Services.html for examples.

--
Regards
Hartmut Goebel