Re: Additional channels pulled, but cannot install/update software

From: Simen Endsjø
Subject: Re: Additional channels pulled, but cannot install/update software
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2022 22:49:49 +0200

> Try `~/.config/guix/current/bin/guix describe --format=channels`. If it
> prints the correct channels, that Guix binary is at fault.

Thank, that solved it! I guess my PATH has changed recently so that
/usr/local/bin has a higher priority than before.

But I should remove the one in /usr/local/bin..? The documentation states
to add
it, but that's only to allow other users to run the first command? Looks
like my
problem is the PATH priority rather than the location of guix

The documentation states (ref
https://guix.gnu.org/en/manual/devel/en/html_node/Binary-Installation.html#Binary-Installation
)

    6. Make the guix command available to other users on the machine, for
instance with:

    # mkdir -p /usr/local/bin
    # cd /usr/local/bin
    # ln -s /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/bin/guix