Create package to add new files

From: calcium
Subject: Create package to add new files
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2022 22:22:59 +0200

I tried using the procedures text-file* and plain-file but I can't manage to
make it works.

Im trying to define a package that will be used to add files to cups, in the
same ways taht the package brlaser add files. But no luck, every time I try to
create a `plain-file` the build fails.

Help appreciated

(define-public
 add-my-filters-and-ppd
 (package/inherit
  brlaser
  (name "add-my-filters-and-ppd")
  (arguments
   `(#:phases
     (modify-phases
      %standard-phases
      ;; (delete 'configure) ;no 'configure' script
      (replace
       'install
       (lambda* (#:key outputs #:allow-other-keys)
                ;; The package's Makefile doesn't provide an "install"
                ;; rule so do it by ourselves.
                (let ((filter-dir
                       (string-append (assoc-ref outputs "out")
                                      "/lib/cups/filter"))
                      (ppd-dir
                       (string-append (assoc-ref outputs "out")
                                      "/share/ppd/cupsfilters")))
                  ;; (install-file
                  ;;  (plain-file "brother_lpdwrapper_printer-model"
                  ;;              "ldwrapper string/content of file"))
                  ;; (install-file
                  ;;  (plain-file "brother-printer-model-cups-en.ppd"
                  ;;              ".ppd string/content of file")
                  ;;  ppd-dir)
                  )
                #t)))))))