First guix pull is too costly

From: Akib Azmain Turja
Subject: First guix pull is too costly
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2022 15:05:27 +0600

Hello,

Yesterday, I created a new user in my system.  Then I tried to install a
package, but found that it's not the latest, although I did sudo guix
pull before sudo guix system reconfigure.  So I tried to do guix pull,
but it seems to clone the whole repository from scratch.  But,
unfortunately, it never succeeds due to my faulty network connection.
It progresses somewhat like 5%, 7%, 20%, and my connection fails, and I
have to start again from the beginning.

Is possible to reuse the guix channel from any other user to do the
first guix pull?  Or maybe a shallow clone?

--
Akib Azmain Turja

This message is signed by me with my GnuPG key.  It's fingerprint is:

    7001 8CE5 819F 17A3 BBA6  66AF E74F 0EFA 922A E7F5