Re: What to do if headers are not found

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Re: What to do if headers are not found
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 08:59:52 +0200

Am Sat, Jul 02, 2022 at 06:44:20PM -0500 schrieb Nathan Dehnel:
> This is a package I'm making. Configure can't find libmount.h, which
> comes from util-linux, even though I have added it to
> propagated-inputs, as the manual suggests. How can I fix this or
> further investigate?

Very quick answer: Try to add it to normal inputs.

Propagated inputs are packages that are installed when the new package is
installed; this covers cases when the new package cannot *run* without the
propagated input, broadly speaking. They may not even be around when
building the new package (I do not remember how this works, but your
experience seems to indicate it).

Andreas