Re: Finding Dependencies at Run Time

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Finding Dependencies at Run Time
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2022 18:03:44 +0200

The information is all in the package. You can see for instance store paths
that are embedded form a store path with:

guix gc --references /gnu/store/…

The mecanism depends a bit on the build system but for C programs, it's embeded
at build-time in its RPATH. For applications, there are wrappers
(https://guix.gnu.org/manual/devel/en/html_node/Build-Utilities.html#Wrappers).
Otherwise, we have to propagate run-time dependencies.

The daemon is no longer involved once packages are built/substituted.