Re: X11 cursor size

From: Gary Johnson
Subject: Re: X11 cursor size
Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2022 18:13:06 -0400

alex@soeven.de writes:

> My problem is the following: I use guix with X11 and EXWM as (only)
> window manager. I have a 13" laptop with 4k screen and therefore the
> X11-pointer/cursor is so small, that most of the time I don't even see
> it. All solutions to increase the cursor size without using gnome or
> similar tools involve the installation of a scalable font and then
> incresing the size of the cursor. However I don't manage to make this
> work on guix.
>
> Does anyone maybe have a working solution for this which they can share?
>
> Cheers, Alex

Hi Alex,

I also run EXWM as my window manager under Guix System. I manage my
keyboard and cursor settings in my ~/.xsession file. For the cursor
settings, I use xsetroot like so:

```
# Change cursor to left arrow
xsetroot -cursor_name left_ptr
```

Take a look at its man page for quite a few options related to setting
the cursor file and size.

Happy hacking!
  Gary

--
GPG Key ID: 7BC158ED
Use `gpg --search-keys lambdatronic' to find me

Why is HTML email a security nightmare? See https://useplaintext.email/

Please avoid sending me MS-Office attachments.