Re: X11 cursor size

From: alex
Subject: Re: X11 cursor size
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2022 10:44:39 +0200

Dear Gary,

I tried this already an the effect is, that the default pointer (in X11
outside of any window) changes from a cross to a left_ptr but the size does
not change. If I understand correctly, I need to have type1 fonts for
that which I included in my config by adding `font-xfree86-type1` to my
systems package list (but the corresponding path doesn't show up in the
X11-fontpath).

Also I'm wondering how to set the cursor size because by just executing
`xsetroot -cursor_name left_ptr` I set the cursor shape/type but how do
I specify the size? Recepies from the net suggest to do this via a
`fonts.alias` but that doesn't seem to have an effect either.

Cheers,

        Alex