git: 'remote-https' is not a git command.

From: Denis 'GNUtoo' Carikli
Subject: git: 'remote-https' is not a git command.
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2022 02:28:25 +0200

Hi,

In Guix system I've some issues fetching https git repositories:
> $ git fetch https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages
> git: 'remote-https' is not a git command. See 'git --help'.
And if I change the PATH it works:
> $ export
> PATH=/gnu/store/zaqvjpy7zzvbxxc2wvp728fzzc6bfmm5-git-2.37.0/libexec/git-core/:$PATH
> $ git fetch https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages
> From https://github.com/archlinux/svntogit-packages
>  * branch                      HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD

If I remove my custom path and make sure my .profile and .bashrc are
not executed I've the same result.

And if I open a new shell, in another repository, git:// works fine:
> $ git fetch git://git.parabola.nu/abslibre.git
> From git://git.parabola.nu/abslibre
>  * branch                HEAD       -> FETCH_HEAD

I'm writing here as I'm not sure if it's a bug or not (git is widely
used so the probability that it's a bug is small here).

Denis.