Re: Old packages in GUIX under Debian stable

From: Alexander Asteroth
Subject: Re: Old packages in GUIX under Debian stable
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2022 10:23:15 +0200

Dear Ricardo,

On Wed, Jul 27 2022, 16:21:22, Ricardo Wurmus wrote:

> Alexander Asteroth <alexander.asteroth@h-brs.de> writes:
>
>> I verified that the version of the guix binary is from my current
>> profile, the environment variables are freshly set from current
>> profile as well.
>
> Do you mean the ~/.config/guix/current profile or some other profile?

yes.

> What does “type guix” say?

$ type guix
guix is hashed ($HOME/.guix-profile/bin/guix)

> And what does “guix describe” say?

$ guix describe
Generation 1    Jul 26 2022 15:19:43    (current)

I reinstalled just recently again. Now based on Debian testing and using
the guix-installer script. Interestingly now package isync is newer
(1.4.1 instead of 1.3.3) so I can at least read email again. But for
icecat it still has the old version

$ guix search icecat
name: icecat
version: 78.10.0-guix0-preview1