Re: Enterprise Guix Hosting?

From: Olivier Dion
Subject: Re: Enterprise Guix Hosting?
Date: Sat, 30 Jul 2022 10:36:10 -0400

On Sat, 30 Jul 2022, Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com> wrote:
> I have been exposed to the world of Docker images and Continuous
> Integration that seem spend most of the time downloading and building
> them 😅

Yup.  Tons of energy wasted and pollution generated.

> Have you heard of Guix Hosting services jusy like the Docker or Github
> companies target enterprises customers?

IMO Guix is still very niche.  Only a handful of Unix enthusiasms /
scientifics use it and companies are not in yet.  I might be wrong.

> My partners and I are just starting an IT worker cooperative and I
> thought this might be an interesting thing to get into!

I think it is.  I know that some companies pay very good for support
related to dev-op, e.g. CI.  I think that Guix could fit very well for
professional services and software as a services.  However, Guix
probably needs to be more main stream for that to work.

--
Olivier Dion
oldiob.dev