Re: substitute for Skype

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: substitute for Skype
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 15:26:51 +0000

Thanks for all answers,

I want to use my laptop and talk to somebody or even exeptionally to others (several people) in a room, connected through one laptop. (through more laptops - I haven't done it yet, so I don't know)

Earlier I used Skype.

Jitsi Meet isn't in guix. But Jami is there.

There are 8 packages for Jami, do I need to install all of them?

ffmpeg-jami     4.4.2   Audio and video framework       htttps://www.ffmpeg.org/

jami    20220726.1515.da8d1da   Qt Jami client  https://jami.net

jami-gnome      20220726.1515.da8d1da   Qt Jami client  https://jami.net

jami-qt 20220726.1515.da8d1da   Qt Jami client  https://jami.net

libjami 20220726.1515.da8d1da   Jami core library and daemon
https://jami.net/

libring 20220726.1515.da8d1da   Jami core library and daemon
https://jami.net/

node-jsondiffpatch 0.3.11 Diff & Patch for Javascript objects https://github.com/benjamine/jsondiffpatch

pjproject-jami 2.11-0.e1f389d Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) stack https://www.pjsip.org

Additionally, I guess, I have to set up "jami-service-type"

Gottfried