Re: "user with UID not found" error

From: Christopher Batten
Subject: Re: "user with UID not found" error
Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2022 16:16:50 +0000

>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2022 at 12:51 PM Christopher Batten <cbatten@cornell.edu>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hmmm ... this made me think that running both was not a great idea?
>>
>> https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/system-level_authentication_guide/usingnscd-sssd
>>
>> But I am not an expert on any of this :) I guess the key is to just make
>> sure you only enable caching for hosts in /etc/nscd.conf?
>>
>> Best,
>> Chris
>
> On Jul 28, 2022, at 9:14 PM, Chris Marusich <cmmarusich@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> FYI: https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2022-02/msg00263.html

Thanks for everyone's help! I think I understand now: the key is if we want to
use guix, then we really do want to run NSCD and SSSD on these RHEL/CentOS
systems if at all possible.

So I think we just now need to follow the instructions here?

https://access.redhat.com/documentation/en-us/red_hat_enterprise_linux/7/html/system-level_authentication_guide/usingnscd-sssd

Or do you recommend a different way to run NSCD and SSSD at the same time on
RHEL/CentOS systems?

Once we figure this out maybe we should add a note about this in the Guix docs
here:

https://guix.gnu.org/manual/en/html_node/Application-Setup.html

Especially if Fedora is intending to remove NSCD?

Thanks!
Chris