Re: Guix as a native-inputs ?

From: (
Subject: Re: Guix as a native-inputs ?
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2022 14:44:10 +0100

On Tue Aug 2, 2022 at 2:41 PM BST, Olivier Dion wrote:
> There seems to be an issue after all.  When building with Guix, my
> script failed to access /var/guix/daemon-socket/socket with `guix
> shell'.  I guess there's probably some way to make it available for the
> build?
You're in a container with access to nothing but the store and /tmp. It's
not surprising that trying to access anything else doesn't work.

Usually, `guix` is included as a regular input so that a Guile program can
use its modules (see gwl, guix-modules). I didn't realize that you were
trying to actually manipulate the store from within a build environment :)

    -- (