Re: "user with UID not found" error

From: Christopher Batten
Subject: Re: "user with UID not found" error
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2022 17:48:57 +0000

Hi Ricardo,

>> Or do you recommend a different way to run NSCD and SSSD at the same time on
>> RHEL/CentOS systems?
>
> You only need to start it. We don't use it as a cache. We are only interested
> in its network interface for use with glibc.

OK! We started NSCD:

 %  service nscd status
 Redirecting to /bin/systemctl status nscd.service
* nscd.service - Name Service Cache Daemon
   Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/nscd.service; disabled; vendor
preset: disabled)
   Active: active (running) since Tue 2022-08-02 12:20:13 EDT; 1h 24min ago
  Process: 87689 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/nscd $NSCD_OPTIONS (code=exited,
status=0/SUCCESS)
 Main PID: 87691 (nscd)
    Tasks: 7
   Memory: 596.0K
   CGroup: /system.slice/nscd.service
           `-87691 /usr/sbin/nscd

We turned off all NSCD caching:

 % grep enable-cache /etc/nscd.conf
#       enable-cache            <service> <yes|no>
        enable-cache            passwd          no
        enable-cache            group           no
        enable-cache            hosts           no
        enable-cache            services        no
        enable-cache            netgroup        no

Still no luck though?

 % guix pull
 user with UID 317241 not found

and

 % guix shell -D -C hello
 user with UID 317241 not found
 ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
 In procedure getpw: entry not found

Thoughts? Sorry for all the questions ...
Chris