Re: guix-pack on package record

From: Olivier Dion
Subject: Re: guix-pack on package record
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2022 16:59:17 -0400

On Wed, 17 Aug 2022, Olivier Dion via <help-guix@gnu.org> wrote:
> I would like to use `guix pack` but at the scheme level.  I have package
> records that I generate dynamically and would like to pack them
> individually in the same way.  Is there an easy way for that?

Here's a solution that I've scratch quickly:

(use-modules
  (guix derivations)
  (guix monads)
  (guix profiles)
  (guix scripts pack)
  (guix store))

(define* (bundle-package package . rest)

  (define manifest (packages->manifest (list package)))
  (define profile (profile (content manifest)))

  (run-with-store (open-connection)
    (mlet %store-monad ((drv (apply self-contained-tarbar
                                    (package-name package)
                                    profile
                                    rest)))
      (mbegin %store-monad
        (built-derivations (list drv))
        (return (derivation->output-path drv))))))

It seems to work okay.  Though?

--
Olivier Dion
oldiob.dev