Re Scanner

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re Scanner
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 13:28:41 +0000

-
Hi Guixers,

for your information:

in Arch Linux I read, that a HP Printer needs the programm
 "python-pillow" so that the scanner will work.

I installed it, but it didn't help.

Somebody else in Arch Linux said that HP Printer/Scanner will give trouble again and again, so he changed to a "brother" printer in order to get scanning work.

When I run some hp programms like "hp-scan" it says:

error: No device selected/specified or that supports this functionality.

"lsusb" shows, that my printer is connected.
Bus 003 Device 007: ID 03f0:2c12 HP, Inc Officejet J4680

why does than "hp-scan" say, there is no device?

So may be we are the solution a bit closer?

Gottfried