Re: Re Scanner

From: (
Subject: Re: Re Scanner
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2022 14:41:33 +0100

Hi Gottfried :)

On Sat Aug 20, 2022 at 2:28 PM BST, Gottfried wrote:
> in Arch Linux I read, that a HP Printer needs the programm
>   "python-pillow" so that the scanner will work.

Guix is not like Arch; you don't need to install libraries to make a
program work.

> When I run some hp programms like "hp-scan" it says:
>
> error: No device selected/specified or that supports this functionality.

The problem is likely that you don't have the required nonfree driver
that the printer/scanner needs. Recall that one of the hplip programs
tried to install a nonfree driver (this functionality should ideally be
patched out, as Guix is a FSDG-compliant system; looks like it slipped
under the radar).

    -- (