Re: sbcl-slime-swank won't load

From: Guillaume Le Vaillant
Subject: Re: sbcl-slime-swank won't load
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2022 11:03:54 +0000

Trev <trev@trevdev.ca> skribis:

> By putting sbcl into my guix-home profile along with the sbcl-stumpwm-*
> modules, I am now getting these 3rd party modules without a gexp
> work-around. Thanks for that!
>
> However, I still can't get sbcl-slime-swank working in stumpwm. I tried
> having sbcl-slime-swank in my guix-home profile. Then I tried putting it
> in my system profile where stumpwm is currently declared. Neither of
> these cases work with stumpwm's init or eval methods.
>
> I can, however, fire up sbcl from the terminal, require asdf and then
> (asdf:load-system :swank) without any issues. I was sure to reboot my
> machine before trying.

Do you get the same error message as before when trying to load swank
from stumpwm, or another one?

If you evaluate

(with-open-file (file "/tmp/asdf-output-translations" :direction :output)
  (write asdf::*output-translations* :stream file))

in stumpwm, what do you get in "/tmp/asdf-output-translations"?
Is sbcl-slime-swank in the list somewhere?