Re: What Python IDE are you using?

From: Luis Felipe
Subject: Re: What Python IDE are you using?
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 00:13:20 +0000

On Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022 at 23:39, Luis Felipe
<luis.felipe.la@protonmail.com> wrote:

> On Tuesday, August 23rd, 2022 at 21:20, Fredrik Salomonsson
> plattfot@posteo.net wrote:
>

> > I generally use emacs + eglot [0]. It works great out of the box for me,
> > zero configuration on my part. I can't speak much about speed as the
> > python programming I do is over tramp, which tends to slow things down.
>

> I tried both emacs-lsp-mode and eglot today, but autocompletion didn't work
> in any of them. They both seem to use company-mode by default, the same as
> emacs-elpy. Is autocompletion working for you? If yes, what version of Guix
> are you using? (I'm on Guix System 3f17158, emacs-company 0.9.13).

Hmm, I just ran Emacs in three separate guix containers, one for an LSP
mode-based IDE, one for an Eglot-based IDE and one for an Elpy-based IDE. In
each of these containers, I ran "emacs -q -l CONFIG.el" to avoid loading any
"init.el" file, and instead load a specific, minimal configuration file for
each IDE. Autocompletion worked in all of them.

So it seems something in my "~/.congig/emacs/init.el" is not right anymore for
my current generation of Emacs packages...