Re: Rust Packaging without crates.io

From: Jonathan Scoresby
Subject: Re: Rust Packaging without crates.io
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2022 10:23:52 -0600 (MDT)

> On 08/24/2022 10:06 MDT ( <paren@disroot.org> wrote:
>

> Hi Jonathon,
>
> You can just write a normal package for a crate on Git, replacing the source
> with
> something like:
>
>   (origin
>     (method git-fetch)
>     (uri (git-reference
>           (url "...")
>           (commit (string-append "v" version))))
>     (file-name (git-file-name name version))
>     (sha256
>      (base32
>       "...")))
>
> You can use a Rust package built like this in the same way as a normal
> crates.io
> crate. Just add it to cargo-inputs or cargo-development-inputs as appropriate
> :)
>
>     -- (

Thank you for the reply. This is what I have done. The problem I am having is
that when I do this, cargo is not referencing it properly. The Cargo.toml file
will have a line like:

package = {git=url, rev=commit}

I have successfully packaged the package it is referencing in the fashion you
have shown and have provided it under cargo-inputs, but cargo is still trying
to find the package at the git url.

-Jonathan