Re: Am I doing it all wrong?

From: jgart
Subject: Re: Am I doing it all wrong?
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2022 13:38:36 -0500

On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 19:15:24 +0200 Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:

> Why do you keep exiting and entering the container for each command?

I agree. I think I had some issue iirc trying to run them all in one command
with &&

> And: why use a container at all when “guix shell --pure” would be more
> than enough?

Because I'm running Guix on void linux and here be dragons I don't yet
understand.

> I’d just start a new shell *once* and then run the commands inside of
> the shell session.

I was running the above commands as part of this shell script:

https://git.sr.ht/~whereiseveryone/dot/tree/master/item/bin/executable_guix-prepare-tree

Thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated!

--
jgart