Question about the use of GNU Guix in production

From: Daniel Riesner
Subject: Question about the use of GNU Guix in production
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2022 14:04:42 +0000

Hello,

although for now I only quickly tried GNU Guix in a vm, but more in depth have read the well written GNU Guix manual, I'm quite fascinated by it. Having a bit of a background in DevOps working among other things with infrastructure as code tool Terraform and the method of GitOps, I came to like declarative configuration. To me it seems for operating services, it brings e.g. greater transparency in collaboration and better ways to test and rollback changes in case of failure. Concerning the more political aspects, in many places I prefer free software and more decentralized services. Since I'm currently looking for a job, besides academic institutions, are there any companies known to use GNU Guix, which maybe even have open positions preferably in Germany or remote? Or do you maybe know of any places where such offers are shared as it is done e.g. for NixOS in their discourse forum?

Best wishes
Daniel Riesner