Package inputs specific to an output

From: Olivier Dion
Subject: Package inputs specific to an output
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2022 12:07:31 -0400

Hi,

Is there a way to make a package that has inputs that will only be
installed when a given output is selected?

For example, I have a library that has a set of inputs for linking
against them.  The project also come with optional executable tools that
use the library but also other inputs.  I don't want these extra inputs
to be installed along the library if the user does not want the tools.

--
Olivier Dion
oldiob.dev