Re: German language mistake in the answer if I do a : guix package --upg

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: German language mistake in the answer if I do a : guix package --upgrade --dry-run
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 23:20:26 +0200

Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:

> "Die folgenden Pakete würden aktualisiert:"
>
> It should be:
>
> "Die folgenden Pakete würden aktualisiert werden:"
>
> It's missing one word at the end: "werden".

Both of these sentences are correct here, though the second one is more
common in colloqial use.  In the first sentence “würde” is the
Konjunktiv II form of “werden”, whereas “würde” + inf. verb in the
second sentence is a pattern to avoid modification of the verb.

Personally, I prefer the first variant, because it is correct grammar
and a little more elegant.

--
Ricardo