Re: German language mistake in the answer if I do a : guix package --upg

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: German language mistake in the answer if I do a : guix package --upgrade --dry-run
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 15:53:49 -0700

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 2:29 PM Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> wrote:

> In the first sentence “würde” is the Konjunktiv II form of “werden”,
> whereas “würde” + inf. verb in the
> second sentence is a pattern to avoid modification of the verb.

It's a tiny point to spend words on but I agree with Ricardo's
reading. Germans often construct around the simple subjunctive because
it sounds too short. The extended forms are arguably a form of
hypercorrection.

Just my two centimes—no flaming, please...

Kind regards, and please have a great weekend!
Felix