Re: mcron <3 offlineimap

From: Sergiu Ivanov
Subject: Re: mcron <3 offlineimap
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 13:53:49 +0200

Hi,

zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> [2022-09-21T10:31:45+0200]:
> On Sat, 27 Aug 2022 at 10:45, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:
>
>> has anyone tried running offlineimap on a(n) (m)cron?
>
> No.  And I switched from offlineimap to isync (mbsync) for some parts.
> And to public-inbox (so Git) for other parts.

Same thing here (sans public-inbox).  I also found that isync was
considerably faster than offlineimap.

Two years ago I had the impression that offlineimap was in the process
of being abandoned, due in particular to the side note from the
maintainer here: http://www.offlineimap.org/ .  However, when I check
various Git repos today, it seems that offlineimap is still quite alive
and kicking.

-
Sergiu