installing mitmproxy with Guix

From: Wojtek Kosior
Subject: installing mitmproxy with Guix
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2022 21:16:55 +0200

Hello,

I just finished making my first working package definition (acutally, a
set of definitions...) for Guix. It's for mitmproxy, a popular
TLS-enabled proxy for observing and modifying HTTP(s) traffic, written
in Python.

I wanted to share this with others. The package module file is attached
- I'm making it available to everyone under Creative Commons Zero as
indicated by the SPDX identifier in the file.

I suspect I could instead make the changes in Guix' repo, make a commit,
generate a patch from git and send it to guix-patches@gnu.org, but
- as you'll see, the package forced update of inputs of several existing
  packages and my current solution seems too imperfect to be included
  (even though it works),
- it's my first attempt at Guix packaging and there'll likely be some
  other issues that need resolving
- preparing and submitting a patch is simply more time-consuming than
  sending a .scm file 😅
- maybe I'm just unconsciously seeking integration with people?

Nevertheless, what do you think would be the best way to address the
conflict of propagated inputs (in this case caused by
python-cryptography and python-cryptography-next being required at the
same time)?

Best,
Wojtek

-- (sig_start)
website: https://koszko.org/koszko.html
PGP: https://koszko.org/key.gpg
fingerprint: E972 7060 E3C5 637C 8A4F  4B42 4BC5 221C 5A79 FD1A

Meet Kraków saints!           #13: blessed Jan Beyzym
Poznaj świętych krakowskich!  #13: błogosławiony Jan Beyzym
https://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_Beyzym
-- (sig_end)