Problems with tracker-miners(?)

From: Trev
Subject: Problems with tracker-miners(?)
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2022 21:57:29 -0700

Hey Guix,

Please forgive my ignorance here.  I am not fully with it in terms of
how GNOME works.

It seems to me that many aspects of GNOME are just broken since the day
I installed it with my Guix System.  More specifically, those that might
be related to tracker-miners.

A few immediate examples are gnome-music, totem and gnome-photos.
None of these are able to find/use my media.

A different, probably unrelated issue is that Nautilus doesn't show any
thumbnails.

In terms of configuration I am using the following services and
packages on the system level:

-----

(define gnome-extras
  (list gnome-tweaks
        gnome-shell-extensions
        peek
        seahorse))

(packages
  (append
   (list docker-compose
         light
         nss-certs
         sbcl
         stumpwm+slynk
         xsecurelock
         emacs)
   gnome-extras
   %base-packages))

(services
  (modify-services (append
                    (list (service gnome-desktop-service-type)
                          (service gnome-keyring-service-type)
                          (service docker-service-type)
                          (service cups-service-type
                                   (cups-configuration
                                    (web-interface? #t)
                                    (extensions
                                     (list hplip cups-filters foomatic-filters))
                                    (default-paper-size "Letter")))
                          (bluetooth-service)
                          (set-xorg-configuration
                           (xorg-configuration
                            (keyboard-layout keyboard-layout)))
                          (udev-rules-service 'light light))
                    %desktop-services)
                   (guix-service-type config =>
                                      (guix-configuration
                                       (inherit config)
                                       (substitute-urls
                                        (append
                                         (list
"https://substitutes.nonguix.org";)
                                         %default-substitute-urls))
                                       (authorized-keys
                                        (append
                                         (list (local-file "./nongnu.pub"))
                                         %default-authorized-guix-keys))))))
-----

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thank you all

--

Trev : 0FB7 D06B 4A2A F07E AD5B  1169 183B 6306 8AA1 D206