Re: virtualization

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: virtualization
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 21:05:09 +0000

On 2022-09-23, gottfried@posteo.de wrote:
I installed a VM software and I added libvirt and virtualization in my
config.scm file (see below)
    (users (cons* (user-account
                    (name "gfp")
                    (comment "Gfp")
                    (group "users")
                    (home-directory "/home/gfp")
                    (supplementary-groups
                      '("wheel" "netdev" "audio" "video")))
                  %base-user-accounts))
              (service libvirt-service-type
                       (libvirt-configuration
                        (unix-sock-group "libvirt")
                        (tls-port "16555"))))
It seems I don't have the rights to start libvirt.

How can I now solve the problem?
Any thoughts?

I would add your user the to group you configure libvirt-service-type
with, e.g. "libvirt" ... or configure libvirt-service-type with a
different group that your user is already a part of.

live well,
   vagrant

Hi,
I added my user to the group "libvirt", but it didn't help. It gives the same error message.
May be something else?
 Gottfried