OnlyOffice?

From: Yasuaki Kudo
Subject: OnlyOffice?
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 15:31:23 +0900

Hello!

I really wish I actually had time to play with Guix and really use it but I have such a time constraint, especially right now - so here I am just asking...

For our IT worker cooperative in preparation, one of my areas of interest is the realistic partial alternative to Google and Microsoft office suite, for a specific market segment.   (I think the huge limitation for Microsoft and Google is the very one-sided use agreement - they get to decide when to stop or start features and they generally have pay-as-you-go model that limits an organization to expand the offer rapidly to thousands of users, without making budgetary commitments first.  Also, they impose huge vendor-locks)

Has anyone here tried to build or assess the possibility of Guix package for OnlyOffice?

https://www.btactic.com/build-onlyoffice-from-source-code/?lang=en

OnlyOffice claims to be AGPL - but my sneaking suspicion is that once you open the box, you'll find all sorts of things like binaries, etc that cannot be compiled by us???   Just a wild guess.

-Yasu