Re: OnlyOffice?

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: OnlyOffice?
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2022 10:07:33 +0200

Yasuaki Kudo <yasu@yasuaki.com> writes:

> For our IT worker cooperative in preparation, one of my areas of
> interest is the realistic partial alternative to Google and Microsoft
> office suite, for a specific market segment. […]

Is this for an Office suite accessible throught the web browser?

> Has anyone here tried to build or assess the possibility of Guix
> package for OnlyOffice?

I hadn’t heard of OnlyOffice before, so I don’t know.  But if you want
web access there may be a way to use the existing Office suite packages
and expose them through the browser.

GTK+ comes with broadwayd, which lets you use the browser to render the
GUI.  Here’s a quick example:

  guix shell gtk+:bin -- broadwayd :5 &
  GDK_BACKEND=broadway BROADWAY_DISPLAY=:5 guix shell abiword -- abiword

Then visit http://127.0.0.1:8085/ in your browser.

--
Ricardo