Re: 100 % derivation available at bordeaux and Berlin, but package Muses

From: Gottfried
Subject: Re: 100 % derivation available at bordeaux and Berlin, but package Musescore has to be built on my laptop
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2022 19:50:50 +0000

Just out of curiosity...you've got an X86_64 laptop right?

Yes

Gottfried

Am 07.10.22 um 20:46 schrieb jbranso@dismail.de:
September 27, 2022 1:52 PM, "Gottfried" <gottfried@posteo.de> wrote:

Hi Guixers,

when I did a
guix package -u

and also
when I checked it beforehand
with
guix package --upgrade --dry-run
if 100 % derivations are available ( I did this the last 4 times)

nevertheless
the music notation program "MuseScore" had to be built on my laptop.
With my 64 GB CPU it took 1 hour (I did it twice).

But why is it built on my laptop if the derivations are 100 % available
and I was not informed that e.g. MuseScore will be built at my laptop.

The same with the package "calibre".