Issues updating the definition of qtserialport

From: Cairn
Subject: Issues updating the definition of qtserialport
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 02:08:53 +0000

Hey! I'm trying to update `qtserialport` to 6.3.1 for use with another package
(and so it's up-to-date with other Qt modules). I'll make sure to rename the
current package to "qtserialport-5" as well.

I'm having trouble getting it to recognize udev, which it requires. The current
package definition has a patching phase which makes the path to udev absolute.
I can't find any issues with this phase, and yet building with 6.3.1 throws an
error:

    CMake Error at
/gnu/store/...-qtbase-6.3.1/lib/cmake/Qt6Core/Qt6CoreMacros.cmake:2440
(add_library):
      Target "SerialPort" links to target "PkgConfig::Libudev" but the target
was
      not found.  Perhaps a find_package() call is missing for an IMPORTED
      target, or an ALIAS target is missing?
    Call Stack (most recent call first):
      /gnu/store/...-qtbase-6.3.1/lib/cmake/Qt6/QtModuleHelpers.cmake:128
(_qt_internal_add_library)
      src/serialport/CMakeLists.txt:6 (qt_internal_add_module)

I'm pretty sure this is easy to reproduce. All I did was replace the version
number, update dependencies and (after some testing) replaced the modify phases
line with "#~(modify-phases #$phases". I'd love to know if there's anything
I've obviously missed. If this is an easy fix, feel free to send a patch before
me.