Re: geiser-edit-symbol-at-point

From: jgart
Subject: Re: geiser-edit-symbol-at-point
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:42:13 -0600

On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 15:43:26 -0500 Jake Shilling <shilling.jake@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On 2022-11-11 12:40, jgart@dismail.de wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 11 Nov 2022 09:31:40 -0500 Jake Shilling <shilling.jake@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> That is definitly enouhg to make sure ~/guix is processed by guile and
> then Gieser.

Hi Jake, I'll get back to your points above but I wanted to clarify that
it is not enough to just set the src repo checkout for Guix on a foreign
distro. Atleast, not on void linux.

I'm not able to geiser-edit-symbol-at-point at all successfully after setting
the basics as described in the Guix manual and as I described prior.

Maybe it only works out of the box as described in the manual if you
happen to be on Guix System but not on Void Linux?

Does Geiser work fine after being configured as described in
the guix manual on Ubuntu or Debian?

What can I do to debug what the issue is on my system (void linux)
with geiser?

I should check to see if some guix specific environment variables are
missing or improperly set in my bashrc or bash_profile?

I'm using bash on void linux.

all best,

jgart