Re: mbsync with XOAUTH2 SASL mechanism

From: Peter Polidoro
Subject: Re: mbsync with XOAUTH2 SASL mechanism
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2022 14:04:51 -0500

> Man this sounds complicated!  haha.  I use isync too...but I do the
> really really lazy (insecure) way via ~/.authinfo.
>
> Joshua

I wish I did not have to have such a complicated setup. My work email account
has just stopped allowing basic password authentication, however, so I can no
longer use Emacs for my work email until I figure this out.

I do not know if OAuth2 refers to something proprietary, if so I apologize for
bringing it up here. My only goal is to be able to use Emacs rather than
proprietary software for my work email.

I submitted a patch for a “cyrus-sasl-xoauth2” package that may allow this to
work, but I do not yet know enough about Guix packaging to complete the
package. If anyone has a similar problem and has advice or can help I would
really appreciate it. Thanks!