Re: build all dependents?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: build all dependents?
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2022 16:20:14 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 21 Nov 2022 at 19:06, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:

> is there a command to build all dependents of a package?

[...]

> $ guix refresh python-identify -l
> Building the following 14 packages would ensure 28 dependent packages
> are rebuilt: python-multivelo@0.1.2 repo2docker@2021.08.0
> python-matplotlib-documentation@3.5.2
> python-numpy-documentation@1.21.6 jami-docs@0.0.0-0.b00574b mdpo@0.3.6
> python-flask-combo-jsonapi@1.1.0 onionshare@2.5 python-jupytext@1.14.1
> python-minikanren@1.0.1 python-miio@0.5.11 python-interrogate@1.5.0
> pre-commit@2.20.0 babi@1.5.3

   $ guix build $(guix refresh python-identify -l | cut -f2 -d':')

> I'd also like to filter out packages from guixrus. babi@1.5.3 is in guixrus.

>From the command-line, it can be tedious to filter.  I would go with a
manifest.  Although, I am always confused by unexported bindings.  This,

    (define list-dependents (@@ (guix scripts refresh) list-dependents))

returns,

/tmp/manifest.scm:6:3: error: list-dependents: unbound variable
hint: Did you forget a `use-modules' form?

but that’s the way I would do: list dependent packages, then apply some
filter based on module name (location).

Cheers,
simon