Re: "Unsupported manifest format" error, likely corrupt store

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: "Unsupported manifest format" error, likely corrupt store
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2022 22:43:35 +0100

Don't bother with guix refresh, it's meant for huix devs.

If you have a previous generation of your profile, you could try and switch to
it (guix package --roll-back), but you said that didn't work. You can also
switch manually by repeating the steps Guix would take behind the scenes,
manually.

You'll notice that ~/.guix-profile is a symlink to
/var/guix/profiles/per-user/tyler/guix-profile. It itself is a symlink to the
current generation, a file such as guix-profile-17-link. Change that last
symlink to point to the previous generation instead, such as
guix-profile-16-link. That's all you need to switch generation. Hopefully, that
generation's manifest is not corrupted.