Installing guix on a cluster

From: Reza Housseini
Subject: Installing guix on a cluster
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2022 14:53:04 +0100

Hi Guixers

I installing guix on our institutes cluster and followed the instructions in this blog post [1]. But there are a couple of problems I stumbled upon:

- There is no mention how to mount the nfs shares on the nodes. I added them to the /etc/fstab file but I'm unsure about the mount options - Thers is no guix binary on the nodes. I added a symlink to /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/current-guix/bin/guix in /usr/local/bin but when I try to install a package from a node I get an open-file permission denied for /var/guix/profiles/per-user/root/guix-profile.lock - In this email [2] it was mentioned I don't have to pass listen to the guix-daemon, as the socket gets shared over nfs, but when I remove the listen argument and try to install a package from a node I get a failed to connect to /var/guix/daemon-socket/socket: connection refused

Can anyone share there cluster setup for guix, as right now the documentation lacks some crucial information.

Thanks for the great work!

Cheers,

[1] https://hpc.guix.info/blog/2017/11/installing-guix-on-a-cluster/
[2] https://yhetil.org/guix/87h8d8dl6d.fsf@roquette.mug.biscuolo.net/
--
Reza Housseini

This message is signed with my GnuPG key:

    C0F3 0812 9AF2 80F4 0830 C2C1 C375 C6AF 0512 5C52