Re: Problem loading numpy and other on a venv in a guix system

From: mprodrigues
Subject: Re: Problem loading numpy and other on a venv in a guix system
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2022 09:46:29 +0000

Hello,

On 30.11.2022 09:47, Wojtek Kosior wrote:

I believe Mateus did something like

    guix shell python python-virtualenv coreutils

followed by

    virtualenv -p python3 somedirectory
    . ./somedirectory/bin/activate
    pip install numpy

This is more or less what I used to reproduce the issue

not quite, but I guess it doesn't make all that much difference to reproduce the error. I use either guix shell, and install all python packages through guix, or the venv, and install all modules through pip, not both at the same time. Although, maybe using both
at the same time would not be bad.

Best regards,
Mateus Rodrigues