Re: Using Makefile to run guix shell?

From: Peter Polidoro
Subject: Re: Using Makefile to run guix shell?
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2022 10:26:51 -0500

And then all you need to do is run ``guix shell'', and it will automatically
pick up that manifest or package file.

That works well for just the "guix shell" command, but what if I want shortcuts to a whole set of commands?

For example, I might want a command to automatically generate project metadata from an org file running "make metadata":

metadata:
$(GUIX-CONTAINER) -- sh -c "emacs --batch -Q -l .init.el --eval '(process-org \".metadata.org\")'"

This seems to work well, but I just wondered if putting a Makefile into every project root may cause conflicts for some build systems.

Is there something better to use than make for such command shortcuts?