Re: installing of two versions of package Musescore

From: Csepp
Subject: Re: installing of two versions of package Musescore
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2022 14:55:13 +0100

Gottfried <gottfried@posteo.de> writes:

> [[PGP Signed Part:Undecided]]
> Hi Guix,
>
> I tried to download the new version of Musescore, Version 4
> Even thought 100 % available, it wanted to build it locally, but
> failed. (takes 75 minutes)
> I tried it again, it failed.
> next day I tried it again, it failed.
>
> I checked the Musescore Forum etc
> and there are big problems with the new Musescore 4 in Linux.
> Several people complained.
>
> How can I now keep the Version 3.6.2
> and additionally install the new version 4.0 in future,
> so that my current version 3.6.2 does not get lost.
>
> The new version 4.0 needs improvements.
>

> Kind regards
>
> Gottfried
>
> [2. OpenPGP public key --- application/pgp-keys;
> OpenPGP_0x61FAF349C9FB7F94.asc]...
>
> [[End of PGP Signed Part]]

You could pass --do-not-upgrade=musescore if you want to keep it at the
same version in your main profile.
In general you do not need to install packages under development in your
main profile.  It would be better to either put it in a separate profile
or use a temporary shell every time and put the package definition in a
manifest or script.