Re: Running a shell command with home-run-on-change-service-type

From: Elias Kueny
Subject: Re: Running a shell command with home-run-on-change-service-type
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2022 18:16:17 +0000

On Tue, Dec 20 2022, Jelle Licht wrote:
... here you quasi-quote the service extension configuration with
"`". To make use of a gexp in the expression, we need to unquote the gexp
expression, so replace "#~" by ",#~".

Thank you, this was the solution!

I expected that replacing the quasi-quote by a normal quote would also do, but apparently no, as it gives the same
error as before. And after I changed "#~" by ",#~" as you suggested, "#$(file-append fish
"/bin/fish")" started throwing a different error.

But this now works so it's good enough for me:

  (simple-service 'fisher-update-on-change
                   home-run-on-change-service-type
                   `(("files/.config/fish/fish_plugins"
                      ,#~(system* "fish" "-c" "fisher update"))))