home-files-service-type - naming restrictions?

From: Paul Jewell
Subject: home-files-service-type - naming restrictions?
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 14:53:25 +0000

Good afternoon,

I have a home configuration which has worked without issue for some time, but now I wanted to add the configuration files for urxvt:

(home-environment
  (packages ...)
  (services
    (list
      (simple-service 'urxvt-config
        home-files-service-type
          (list `(".Xresources"
                  ,(local-file
"/home/paul/dotfiles/home/file/.Xresources"))
                `(".config/urxvt"
                  ,(local-file
                    "/home/paul/dotfiles/home/files/.config/urxvt")))))

I am getting the error:

guix home: error: invalid name: `.Xresources'

This leads me to three questions:
1. Is there a constraint on file naming with home-files-service-type?
2. If so, is there another mechanism I am supposed to use to create .Xresources? 3. So I can find my way through this type of problem in the future, is there some way I can see the source code to home-files-service-type apart from digging? For a package, I know I can use guix edit <pkg-name> to see the definition, but I can't see how to do this for home-files-service-type.

Thanks!