Re: Corefreq: How to specify output in OS definition

From: phodina
Subject: Re: Corefreq: How to specify output in OS definition
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2022 18:11:50 +0000

Hello Efraim,

> I was able to get it to say it would be added when I added the following
> to my OS config:
>
> (kernel-loadable-modules (list `(,corefreq "linux-module")))
>
> I didn't actually try building or running it though.

Adding this line to OS definition fixes the initial issue.

However, you still need to manually add the kernel module and start the
corefreqd daemon as a root.

```
$ corefreq-cli
Daemon connection error code 2
corefreq-ro-shm: 'No such file or directory' @ line 19075
$ corefreqd
corefreqd execution error code 13
Permission denied @ line 8002
$ sudo -E corefreqd
Password:
Driver connection error code 2
/dev/corefreqk: 'No such file or directory' @ line 7998
$ sudo -E modprobe corefreqk
$ sudo -E corefreqd &
CoreFreq Daemon 1.90.1  Copyright (C) 2015-2022 CYRIL INGENIERIE
$ corefreq-cli
# Now it launches :-)
```
So maybe a service would be handy, what do you think?

----
Petr